Before a Tornado
If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately.
- Be alert to changing weather conditions.
- Listen to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio or to commercial radio or television newscasts for the latest information.
- Look for approaching storms.
- Look for the following danger signs:
- Dark, often greenish sky
- Large hail
- A large, dark, low-lying cloud (particularly if rotating)
- Loud roar, similar to a freight train